Student Blogging Challenge has moved

The Student Blogging Challenges for 2010 onwards now have their own URL.

I would like to thank Miss W. for hosting the challenges on her class blog for the last two years, but Sue Waters and Miss W. decided the challenge needed its own address.

So please, make sure you have updated to the new address as the next blogging challenge starts in March 2010. Registration forms will be out in early February. If registering as a class, there will be a few things you will need to do before the challenge starts so please check out the new URL.

Here it is:  Challenge Yourself to Blog

Miss W. will still be setting the challenges over at the new address so please visit her there and leave a comment.

If you are on google wave, we have also set up a public wave called sbc10 or student blogging challenge where a discussion is being held regarding the challenges. Feel free to participate in the discussions there.

Attribution:  Original image: ‘new bikes-at-work trailer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33677687@N00/3802117476   by: Mark Stosberg
Released under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License

15 Comments »

1. Susan Nichols Said,

January 26, 2010@ 8:57 am      

Could you tell me how to find the sbc10 wave on Google Wave? I have an account, but have never used it before. I tried searching sbc10, but nothing came up. Thanks

2. inpi Said,

February 10, 2010@ 9:09 pm      

Hi Miss W!

We are stora Ines students, we are in the classroom, opening several blogs, like Bringing Us Together and some of your students blogs. We appreciated your work teaching them how to blog.
    We hope you will be visiting our class blog soon. About fourteen of us are willing to try blogging also, so our teacher will register us soon.
    We are looking forward to play our Carnival games and to enjoy our traditional parties.
    Bye and see you soon! Happy classes!

3. msprinkle Said,

February 11, 2010@ 8:25 am      

If I use gmail+method for creating student blogs through edublogs, will I have to go
    to each blog individually to approve comments and posts before they go live. How do
    you handle this? Thanks so much,
    Melinda

4. msprinkle Said,

February 11, 2010@ 8:28 am      

It is nice to be able to find the answer to your own questions. :) I re-read the Edublogs
    article and, I believe when I get emails, I will be able to just click on approve from the email.
    Right?
    Thanks again,
    Melinda

5. msprinkle Said,

February 13, 2010@ 12:09 pm      

Ms. Wyatt,
    Under the gmail method, do students have control of their widgets and blog theme?

6. Miss W. Said,

February 14, 2010@ 10:34 am      

Control of widgets and themes depends totally upon how much control you have given students over their own blog.

For example, I make my students administrators, which means they can do everything I can do as a co-administrator. They post and approve comments before I see them in my google reader but they can ask me questions beforehand, otherwise I will leave comments about their appropriateness once I read them. That way the students are learning rather than me doing the approving and them not knowing why I have deleted or spammed a comment.

Some teachers only give rights as an editor or author. Sue Waters at TheEdublogger has written some great posts on just this topic.I think with the new upgrade of Edublogs recently, students do have some control over their blog theme and they certainly decide which widgets to add.

7. msprinkle Said,

February 14, 2010@ 12:44 pm      

In my county, I cannot allow students to approve posts or comments. I think
    the way things look, I will have to assist students choosing their theme and widgets.
    On my nephews blog, the widgets and theme do not appear unless I am logged in.
    Thanks.

8. suspicious dodo Said,

February 17, 2010@ 6:22 pm      

Hi Miss Wyatt

When is the blogging challenge starting and how long does it go for? Can you please send your answers to those to questions back to me.

From suspicious dodo

9. Greyson Said,

March 24, 2010@ 4:11 am      

Hello Ms. Waters,

Thanks you for the comment. Maybe you are right about my art but the weird thing is that I may be not so good at art but apparently I have an eye for art. Anyways I got to go and thanks for dropping bye.

10. Greyson Said,

March 30, 2010@ 7:40 am      

@2sparkly,

Thank you for the comment and just to let you know, my name is spelt GREYSON. Everyone so far says that it’s great to learn from someone and I actually think to learn some things you must learn from another person. I have no favourite person to learn from but I learn a lot from my reading and from whatching other people. And thanks for the luck. Bye

11. MM Said,

May 25, 2010@ 6:46 pm      

Hi Miss W
    Thanks for your suggestion regarding our chocolate poll. Will try “polldaddy” next time.
    Regards
    MM

12. Serve Technology Said,

July 3, 2010@ 7:20 pm      

daizy

13. anna Said,

July 27, 2010@ 3:52 pm      

love your page its way cool
    we cen cume to our blog http://mrweatherill.edublogs.org/

14. gatorfan22 Said,

October 28, 2010@ 8:12 am      

Heyy Mrs.W! I’m Taylor B. Im in mS>seelyes class. I would really like it if you commented on my blog! Tahnks
    Love, Taylor

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI