Are you ready for the 2009 student blogging challenge?

Thanks to all the new classes who have registered to take part in the 2009 student blogging challenge.

I have been reading comments on both this blog and the Edublogger, so thought a few reminders might be helpful, especially as there is only a bit over a week till the challenge starts.

Reminders:

• Have you registered your blog here on this form  as either a class blog or student blog?
  • Have you added this class blog URL to your blogroll? Makes it easier for both students and teachers to find the challenges.
  • Have you checked out the participants page above my avatar?  This will continually be updated with the URLs of those taking part in the challenge.
  • Please check that the link to your blog is working correctly and get back to me with the correct URL as soon as possible so it is ready for use in the challenge.
  • Have you added this classblog to your RSS feed reader?  You will then know when a new challenge has been added. But there will also be other posts not related to the challenge as I will be working with my own class as well on my blog.
  • Permission is given for participating teachers to copy or remix any posts relating to the challenge into their own class blogs so students can comment there.  Just acknowledge somewhere that it is part of the 2009 student blogging challenge with a link back to this classblog.
  • Make sure students are internet savvy and realise they must only use their first name  when replying to comments or they have anickname they use that their teacher knows.
  • Check out the community blog run by the students and teachers who took part in last year’s challenge.

Finally, enjoy the challenge and if you have any ideas for challenges or questions about the challenge, please send them to me at tasteach56(at)gmail(dot)com or leave as a comment here.

If you check the participants page, you will notice there are a few classes where usernames and passwords might be needed to write a comment. This means it might be difficult for students outside that school to add comments – if those teachers involved could contact me, we might be able to organise something.

1 Comment »

1. jessica110gs Said,

March 4, 2009@ 6:09 am      

Thank you for visiting my blog!!! and Mr.Pepper said that I am already on the contest list. Have a good day!!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Challege 1 | Year 9 Information Technology

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI