A new year means a new challenge

Last year, Sue Waters and I ran a very successful international student blogging competition.  We had classes from 9 countries taking part involving about 500 students.  Well, it is happening again this term/semester but it will be a challenge rather than a competition.

It will begin the first week of March which gives me a couple of weeks to settle back into school and get my new class into the fantastic world of blogging.

What do you have to do now?

REGISTER as either a class blog or a student blog. This means filling in the form below preferably by the end of February. Then keep watching this blog to find out what your challenges are.  There will be one challenge per week, but you might have three choices within the one challenge depending upon the amount of blogging you have already done.  Choose something that will be of interest to you, something that will be CHALLENGING.

As we want you to make friends of your readers, there will be a page listing all the participants in the challenge.  Make sure you visit this often and begin conversations with other students around the world. The students from last year’s challenge are still continuing their conversations at this blog that was created at the beginning of 2009. Maybe you could visit them before our challenge starts.

If you have an aggregator like google reader, bloglines, pageflakes, netvibes or Yahoo!, then make sure you check out the page we will create called ‘Updated Posts”. If you don’t know what an aggregator is, then check out this link from Wikipedia.

But the most important aspects of this challenge are

to have fun,

improve your blogging and

make friends.

63 Comments »

1. Kevin Byers Said,

February 19, 2009@ 12:29 pm      

I teach 6th through 8th graders in Denver, Colorado (USA) and am really looking forward to this challenge! We have been blogging on our private ning network all year, and are just now opening up a public blog (http://ourstudentvoice.wordpress.com/) for those students who want to join our after school blogging club. They are very excited!

2. mhsgalen Said,

February 21, 2009@ 3:35 am      

I’m very excited about this blogging challenge. I just started blogging this year and it’s so much fun. I can’t wait to see what we are going to do!

Galen
    mhsgalen.edublogs.org

3. jeanettem Said,

March 1, 2009@ 3:08 pm      

Hi Sue

I just rfegistered myself with a class (ictatputauaki.wikispaces.com) – it should have been Whaea Kim (she is the teacher) – sorry! Please

4. marnies604 Said,

March 3, 2009@ 8:30 am      

Miss W. , I am already entered in the challenge for my personal blog but I have a school work blog, interesting project blog, and a portfolio blog so do you advise I link those to my blog or what should I do to also share those blogs of mine.

http://marnies604.edublogs.org/ – contact me at my blog

_Marnie

5. msserrano Said,

March 4, 2009@ 6:40 am      

What do I have to do to join if my group of students all want to enter with their own blog? How should I fill in the form? I’m a little confused.
    Thanks,
    Veronica

6. courtlynd Said,

March 13, 2009@ 8:18 am      

how do i create a blog i filled out the form what now ??????????????????

7. Miss W. Said,

March 13, 2009@ 5:26 pm      

Courtlyn,
    The best idea would be to check with your teacher or the computer technology person at your school. There are some good blog sites such as Edublogs, which is what this blog uses, or there are others such as 21classes, blogmeister, blogger and wordpress. Come back here and leave another comment when you have begun your blog and then I will add you to the blogging challenge.

8. adit202 Said,

March 23, 2009@ 10:41 am      

This sounds so cool! I’m going to ask my teacher if we can participate as a class!

9. Alimzhan Said,

April 12, 2009@ 8:36 pm      

How many Kazakh people in GWA?

10. Damir Said,

April 12, 2009@ 8:46 pm      

Where are you my Friends?!

11. Alexis B. Said,

April 13, 2009@ 10:32 pm      

There are loads of Kazakh people in GWA!!!!!!

12. Alexis B. Said,

April 13, 2009@ 10:34 pm      

WOW we needid to do a bloging challeng earlier.

13. pinkyprincess Said,

April 17, 2009@ 11:30 pm      

yes i’m prettysure.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. January 20-23, 2008 | Collaboration Nation-A Middle School Social Studies Blog
  2. 21st Century Literacy | TechIntersect
  3. Have You Joined The 2009 Student Blogging Challenge? | The Edublogger
  4. New York DEN » 2009 Student Blogging Challenge
  5. Wild Wednesday Workshop: Blogging | Journeys in Education
  6. A new blog… lots to learn! « Our Student Voice
  7. Are you ready for the 2009 student blogging challenge? | Technology in our classroom
  8. 2009 Student Blogging Challenge | ENGLISH ROCKS!
  9. Exciting News! | THS Lit 10
  10. Will you join the blogging challenge? | The Eights
  11. Blogging Challenge 2009 | gwagrade5
  12. …told you we were famous! | Year 10 English 2009
  13. The Edublogger’s Student Competition! | The Edublogger
  14. My Blogging Story | Read, Write, and Knit
  15. Challenge 4- The Three R’s | ***Bailey***
  16. Announcing The Winners Of The Edublogger’s Student Competition! | The Edublogger
  17. Congratulations winners of the Edublogger’s Student Competition! « Teaching English using web 2.0

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI