Changes in your blog

Edublogs have been making some changes in the way they host blogs.  At the moment, your blog is costing you nothing, but if you look on our class blog and my personal blog, you will see an Edublogs Supporter badge.  This costs about $40 each for these two blogs but I feel it is worth it to keep you safer on the internet.

What might you see on your blogs now?  Well, not too many changes.  As a supporter, I can turn off ads to 30 blogs from my personal blog and 30 blogs from my class blog.  This means you won’t see any Google ads on your blogs, but you might see some on other blogs you visit. 

It costs Edublogs thousands of dollars every month to run this blogging site for us.  At the moment it is free but you will have less space to save your blog and images, so make sure each of your posts are valuable.  If you are really keen on keeping your blog, you might in future years decide to become an edublogs supporter so you can also enjoy some of the great things on offer.

As a supporter, my blog and the class blog get some new widgets that you can’t get automatically – like the snow falling on the page. Now, if you find you lose your clustrmap, remember you can always add it as a widget in a text box – check with me how to do this. Anything nasty on your blog, make sure you tell me so I can discuss it with you and we come up with a decision of what you can do.  This is all about you becoming a responsible and savvy 21st century user of technology.

5 Comments »

1. Priscila Said,

December 12, 2008@ 11:14 pm      

Hello
    This is Priscila , from Argentina…
    I have heard about edublogs but my blog is by blogger.
    Thanks for the information about Edublogs , I didn´t know about it.
    Nice blog :)
    Keep in touch
    Priscila

2. Vivian Said,

December 13, 2008@ 2:35 pm      

You’re welcome, it was very fun to browse through your students’ blogs and different topics! Thank you for coming and visiting my blog too. =)
    I don’t think there is anyone in the VCS network named Carla, but there is a Carlee:

http://vcs.21classes.com/Cmhoshow

Hope this helps,
    Vivian
    PS: I really like the snowing effect on your page!

3. Miss W. Said,

December 14, 2008@ 1:19 pm      

Thanks for that Vivian, but that link still takes me to a google log in type screen.

4. Vivian Said,

December 14, 2008@ 2:47 pm      

That’s really odd… Sorry!
    I’ll ask my teacher on Monday..perhaps the link is broken?

5. sausage Said,

December 29, 2008@ 5:59 pm      

hi miss wyatt, on my blog, my cluster map has disappeared and it says that i have to become a supporter to get it back and i have to activate the widget pack again, it wont let me do that either. can you please help?

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI